The SALLIEMAE Fund's TOP TEN TIPS for College Admisssions and Financial Aid
1. Take a challenging high school curriculum.
* secondary preparations
2. Research a college that fits you.
3. Take appropriate tests. (See the Testing tab )
4. Familiarize yourself with the application process.
*college for you
5. Research your elegibility for financial aid.
*mapping your future paying
6. Investigate scholarship opportunities early.( See Financial Aid Tab)
7. Beware of scholarship scams!
8. Understand specific costs associated with college.
9. Fill out the FAFSA in JANUARY of your senior year and every year that you are in college.
(see the Financial Aid Tab)
10. Investigate student and parent loans.